Obsidian Entertainment and My.com are happy to announce the upcoming Armored Warfare progression rebalance. We have carefully monitored the player feedback on the forums and other channels back ever since the start of the Early Access stage of Armored Warfare testing.
One of the most prevalent comments was and remains the concerns about the speed of player progression. Based on careful collection of player feedback, we have determined the general community feeling to be that the progression speed (the time it takes players to reach higher tiers) is too slow and that the premium vehicles do require additional incentives for the player to truly enjoy them.
We have performed a thorough analysis of the data collected in the recent stages of Early Access as well as during the first days of Head Start, taking into account the fact that not all the progression mechanisms were revealed and activated yet – this specifically concerns the Military Base progress bonuses as well as the Booster packs (which will be obtainable either by purchasing them or by gameplay means).
Nevertheless, we have reached the conclusion that the players are correct and that we need to improve the progression mechanism in order to make the game more fun. We recognize that the earlier economy model actually punished the players for playing high-tier tanks by imposing very high credit costs for ammunition and repairs on them – and we do not want that. Players should be able to enjoy the gameplay at all tiers. Therefore, we have prepared the following changes to the economy:
Player versus Player changes
- Increased the base match participation reputation reward for playing PvP matches from 90 to 135
- Decreased base ammo costs for Tier 5 by 20%
- Decreased base ammo costs for Tier 6 by 30%
- Decreased tier 6 upgraded ammo cost multiplier by roughly an additional 8%
- Decreased base ammo costs for Tier 7 by 25%
- Decreased tier 7 upgraded ammo multiplier by roughly an additional 12%
- Decreased base ammo costs for Tier 8 by 40%
- Decreased tier 8 upgraded ammo multiplier by roughly an additional 14%
- Decreased tier 5 repair costs from 16000 to 12800
- Decreased tier 6 repair costs from 28000 to 19600
- Decreased tier 7 repair costs from 44000 to 26400
- Decreased tier 8 repair costs from 60000 to 36000
Player versus Environment changes
- Increased all PvE reputation gains by 20%
- Increased all PvE credit income by 35%
Premium Vehicle Changes
- Playing a premium vehicle now increases reputation earnings by 20%
- Playing a premium vehicle now increases crew experience by 20%
- Playing a premium vehicle now increases commander experience by 20%
We do hope these changes will be to your liking – see you on the battlefield!