We are happy to introduce our newest addition to Armored Warfare – Update 0.20.3831. This update focuses on fixing critical Armored Warfare issues, but also introduces an overhauled PvP and Global Operations version of the Ghost Field map as well as several improvements to the Global Operations mode!
In Update 0.20.3831, we are introducing several improvements to the Global Operations mode. The most significant one is that players participating in Global Operations no longer have to pay for ammunition and repair costs, making the mode profitable indeed!
In addition to this change, we are also introducing a new map to the mode – the overhauled Ghost Field!
The Ghost Field map takes you to Bulgaria, where you have to fight an enemy faction over the remains of the old Bezmer air-base. This map features several Wildcards known from the other Global Operations maps that are already available, specifically:
- Recon UAV
- Pillbox Deployment
AI opponents do not, however, appear on this map, bringing the map closer to the classic PvP mode. Last but not least, rolling fog that reduces visibility appears during the final phase of battle.
A detailed guide will be released in the near future!
Player versus Player
We have also significantly overhauled the PvP version of the Ghost Field map, introducing a number of changes to the terrain itself as well as to the cover and foliage layout. These changes were made with the Update 0.19/0.20 spotting system changes in mind and enhance the gameplay experience significantly.
PvP and Global Operations United
In order to minimize the queue waiting times for both the Global Operations mode, we will be temporarily merging the PvP and Global Operations queues. This test will run for 7 days. This step should allow players to wait for battles for shorter periods of time, but we understand the desire to play a specific mode, which is why we are introducing a ticker to the queue window – un-ticking it reduces your chances to play Global Operations.
During the period of the test, we will be gathering player feedback regarding this feature. Please let us know whether you like it!
In the past 24 hours, we’ve been carefully monitoring the Global Operations and PvP merge situation, including your feedback. While the goals of the queue unification were generally met and the average waiting time was reduced (in some specific cases considerably), we’ve been also paying close attention to your feedback.
Ultimately, we understand that the players need to have a choice between the modes they want to play. Since we received all the information we need from this test, we decided to disable the unified queue and end the test.
Thank you for your time evaluating this feature and sharing your opinions with us.
Apart from these features, the update is introducing a number of corrections to several outstanding Armored Warfare issues, the list of which can be found below.
We’ll see you on the battlefield!
List of 0.20.3831 Changes
- Fixed a bug that caused some players not to be able to install the M8 Buford upgraded armor
- Fixed a bug that caused the non-penetration and ricochet of a shell to have the same sound
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from joining a queue on vehicles that were selected at the point of the previous battle’s launch
- Fixed a bug that caused players to enter battles with a different vehicle than they selected
- Fixed a bug that caused an ATGM reload delay if the player switched to a different ammunition along with firing
- Fixed a bug that caused wrong reload time to be displayed for ERC 90 and its SHARK version
- Fixed a bug that caused a client freeze when opening the Escape button menu when the battle was finishing
- Players will no longer see empty messages about purchasing non-existent bundles when they launch the game
- Removed the option to select commander skills in the commander selection menu
- Fixed a bug that caused a disconnect when a player who was in a platoon with players that didn’t press the “ready” button yet tried to enter a PvE mission
- Fixed a bug that, when the AI bots were capturing an objective in the third phase of the Albatross PvE mission caused the capture progress bar not to appear properly
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect appearance of the consumable and retrofit menu during the process of selling a vehicle
- Fixed a bug that caused non-proven vehicles to appear in the garage carousel even if you had “proven” selected on your filter
- Challenger 1 Falcon viewrange increased from 405 to 430m
- Challenger 1 Falcon accuracy increased, aim-time decreased
- T-15 hitpoints increased to 3000, mobility improved
- AMX 10 RCR gun accuracy improved, the vehicle also now has ready rack (can manually force-load shells)
- M60-2000 rate of fire and accuracy increased
- M60-2000 AP penetration increased to 715mm, price of one shell changed to 2267 Credits
- M60-2000 full repair costs reduced to 16400 Credits
- Fixed the bug that caused real life amphibious vehicles to lose their bonus to time until drowning
- T-80U and its SHARK version now have smoke grenades instead of an engine smoke generator
- Object 187 shell cost reduced
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from selecting XM800T loader’s skills properly
- Fixed a bug with incorrect BMD-4 Joker weapon switch time (should be 0.25s)
- Challenger 2 and Challenger 2 ATDU UI armor values fixed
- Fixed many bugs and issues in the armor of the following vehicles: Challenger 2, Challenger 2 ATDU, FV510 Warrior, M1134, M60-2000, T-80BV
- Fixed a bug that caused the unmanned turrets of the Armata, Challenger 1 Falcon and Terminator series to take full damage
- Improved the M1A1 and M60-2000 turret armor
- Rebalanced the armor thickness of B1 Centauro 105, B1 Centauro 120 and B1 Centauro 155
- Fixed a bug that caused the turret hatches of the PTL-02 and Scorpion 90 to take full damage
- Fixed the bugged (too thick) upper frontal plate of the Centauro 105 and 120, leading to too many ricochets
- Fixed a bug that caused Challenger 1 upgraded armor to protect also against AP rounds. The vehicle will stay well armored but it will no longer bounce AP rounds of its tier unless the player angles the vehicle
- Fixed a bug that caused certain camouflage not to appear on vehicles correctly
PvP, PvE and Global Operations
- Global Operations – fixed a bug that caused too many crates to drop
- Desert Crossing – repair points will now fix vehicles to 70 percent hitpoints
- Debriefing screen now shows more detailed info about point rewards
- Removed the repair costs and ammunition costs from the mode
- The Upgrade window now correctly displays module icons and nametags after their installation
- Fixed a number of vehicle filter bugs
- Fixed the battle result window issues in one of the windows
- Fixed a number of Upgrade window icons and added several missing ones
- The Upgrade window now correctly shows a vehicle state on the right side when buying or selling a vehicle of the next tier
- Fixed the bug where the players could start a Proving Grounds battle at any point of the map
- Observers can now return to Custom Matches
- Fixed the visual effect of the OF-40 ICE engine fire
- Fixed a bug that could cause the PvE icon to disappear after completing the tutorial mission
We overhauled the following challenges:
- Spotting King: the number of battles required to complete a mission increased to 4 for PvP and 8 for PvE
- Rolling Death: now you have to destroy 6 targets for PvP and 24 for PvE while moving
- Concealed Killer: the number of opponents required to complete a mission increased to 6 for PvP and 12 for PvE
- Track Master: now you have to destroy the tracks on 12 enemy vehicles for PvP and 24 for PvE
- In Your Face!: now you have to deal 10000 damage in a 150 meters range for PvP and 30000 damage for PvE
- Glory in the Shadows: now you have to destroy 6 targets for PvP and 12 for PvE while concealed