The world has changed, but one truth is as valid today as it was more than two hundred years ago – freedom is not for free. In July, we are remembering the struggle of the two of the biggest world revolutions that shook the very foundations of Europe – the United States War of Independence and the French Revolution, during which the people shook off the shackles of tyranny and chose freedom over the oppression of a monarch. To celebrate these historical milestones, we have prepared a special event for July, the Freedom Fight.
From the 4th of July to the 23rd, players will have the opportunity to win exclusive vehicles as well as boosts and special decals! The Freedom Fight event will be split into two rounds:
- Round 1: U.S. Independence Day - 4th of July to 13th
- Round 2: Bastille Day – 14th of July to 23rd
During each round, the Top 100 PvP and the Top 100 PvE players of Tier 3, Tier 6 and Tier 9 vehicles (regardless of class) will win the following prizes:
- 1st to 10th Place: Exclusive Vehicle, 7 days of 50% boost to Credit and Reputation income
- 11th to 100th Place: 7 days of 50% boost to Credit and Reputation income
Additionally, any player who plays at least 10 PvE or PvP battles during Round 1 will receive an exclusive Independence Day decal. Any player who plays at least 10 PvE or PvP battles during Round 2 will receive an exclusive Bastille Day decal.
Round 1: U.S. Independence Day – XM1 FSED
- Tier: 7
- Class: Main Battle Tank
- Origin: United States
The XM1 FSED (Full Scale Engineering Development) was a series of 11 XM1 advanced test vehicles by Chrysler, built between 1978 and 1979 with the goal of finalizing the configuration of the M1 and testing it during extensive trials. Its success led to the approval of the first Abrams production series in the May of 1979.
Round 2: Bastille Day – AMX 10 RCR
- Tier: 8
- Class: Tank Destroyer
- Origin: France
The AMX 10 RCR is the updated variant of the French AMX 10 RC fire support vehicle by GIAT, originally developed in early 1980s. This light and nimble wheeled 6x6 AFV is armed with a 105mm gun, allowing it to knock out even armored targets at considerable distances. In 2010, over 200 of these aging vehicles were upgraded by Nexter with improved armor and electronics, making it able to fulfill the tasks on modern battlefield until their eventual replacement by the Jaguar.
The Top 100 players are determined by the average amount of Reputation obtained from a player’s best (in terms of base Reputation income) 10 PvP or PvE battles played during each round. PvP and PvE ranking is separate. Please note that the “base reputation” mentioned above is not a visible statistics in-game.
In order to qualify and be ranked, players must play at least 10 PvP or PvE battles as the corresponding tier. There are no restrictions on the tank class or the number of games played in a tank class. As long as a player has completed 10 matches in a tier they will be ranked.
Each Round will have separate ranking that will reset at the end of Round 1. It is possible to win in each round, but only once – a player who ranks during one round in more than one category (for example Tier 3 PvP, Tier 3 PvE and Tier 6 PvP) will only receive one reward (the highest one).
- Round 1 starts on the 4th of July, 00:01 CEST (July 3rd, 3:01 PM PDT) and ends on the 13th of July, 23:59 CEST (2:59 PM PDT)
- Round 2 starts on the 14th of July, 00:01 CEST (July 13th, 3:01 PM PDT) and ends on the 23rd of July, 23:59 CEST (2:59 PM PDT)
- Exclusive Vehicles will also be available for purchase on the Armored Warfare website. Should a player who already owns such a vehicle win it as a part of this event, he or she will receive the vehicle’s price in Gold instead (7000 Gold for XM1 FSED and 11000 Gold for AMX 10 RCR)
- Ranking is available on the Website - please note that the ranking updates in one hour intervals
- Ranking rewards and decals will be distributed at the end of each round
- Any punishment issued by the Support Team for an offense against game rules within the event time limit will lead to automatic disqualification from the event
- My.com reserves the right to disqualify any players attempting to unfairly manipulate battle outcome (so-called “match rigging”) from the contest
We hope you will enjoy the Freedom Fight and will see you on the battlefield!