Obsidian Entertainment and My.com are pleased to announce the dates of the Second Early Access Test that will run from June 10th, 2015 till June 24th, 2015. To support this awesome news we have prepared a new trailer which demonstrates Roughneck – a brand new map that will be available during Second Early Access Test.
The Second Early Access Test will let the player continue their progression from the first test now for a two weeks period and at the same time will bring new content and considerable optimization and balance updates.
CURRENT TEST: JUNE 10th to JUNE 24th
EU Server: 5pm - 9pm CEST on weekdays 4pm - 10pm CEST on weekends
NA Server: 7pm – 11pm ET on weekdays 6pm – midnight ET on weekends
Please note: these timeframes are not final and may be extended to up to 24 hours of testing at any point during the Early Access 2 phase.
Early Access Test 2 will include Tier 7 vehicles and one new map - Roughneck. It will also have many optimizations that will help lower end machines. Based on player’s feedback from the First Early Access Test, a bunch of balancing changes for vehicles and user Interface adjustments like mouse controls will be introduced. Early Access 2 list of updates:
- added significant series of optimizations to the client and server part of Armored Warfare to ensure improved performance
- fixed multiple issues on all Early Access maps
- the ingame economy was rebalanced
- the progress requirements were rebalanced to reflect the changes in the economy
- for test purposes the scale of economy was changed as such: reputation income was increased 3 times, credit income 8 times
- fixed the bug where the mouse cursor did not disappear during the battle
- several UI elements in the garage were changed
- extended the settings of the mouse sensitivity for arcade, sniper and artillery mode
- added tier 7 vehicles, obtainable via both dealers
- the majority of the vehicles was rebalanced
- added a reputation bonus for destroying enemy vehicles - this bonus will not be significant in order not to encourage kill stealing
- the players will now receive a reputation bonus for the damage done by their teammates to tanks that the players immobilized by destroying their tracks ("assisting damage")
- the players will now also a receive a credit and reputation bonus for winning the battle by capturing the enemy base. The more enemy team tanks are alive at the point of base capture, the higher the bonus will be
- decreased the armor penetration value of many shells in order to increase the role of the MBT armor on the battlefield
- M551 Sheridan and M60A2 can no longer fire APFSDS shells (due to the fact that historically their guns could not fire them), the MBT-70 gun however can still fire them (as it historically could)
- changed the loading screen
- a large number of smaller fixes and changes was also added
Patch size: 11,79 GB
More updates from the player’s feedback will require longer implementation and will be presented in the future tests along with more content and features.
To get into the second test players can be randomly selected from the Early Access sign-ups base, win a key in one of the giveaways, or get guaranteed access to this and further tests, as well as early access to Open Beta and other advantages and rewards including premium and exclusive vehicles, by purchasing one of the three available Founder’s Packs. Players who already have the Early Access can download the client:
Disclaimer: The Early Access is a part of the Armored Warfare testing process. As such it does not represent a finished product and may contain various issues. The purpose of Early Access testing is to find these issues and to correct them. Should critical issues be found, the test can at any point be suspended in order to perform emergency maintenance. The test schedule can also be altered at any point to reflect the required maintenance times in the future. Please report any issues you run into in our dedicated forum section.