We are happy to announce that the AWL International tournament (the AWL Spring Cup phase) is now open for registration!
A team leader can now sign up his team at the My.com E-sports site:
- The registration is open from 23.4.2018 until 27.4.2018, 19:00 CEST
- Each team must consist of 7 players (additional 2 substitutes are allowed)
- After the registration, each team captain will be asked to confirm its team’s participation and composition until 29.4.2018, 23:59 CEST
This guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for AWL as a player or as a team captain.
Registration and setting up your Profile
You should be automatically signed in upon entering esports.my.com, but if that didn’t happen, hit “Log in” in the upper right corner, enter your My.com account e-mail address and password, and then hit the blue “Log in” button.
After you logged in, click the “Profile” tab on the header and then “Edit” on the Profile page. Mandatory fields are your nickname on the site and your country. If you are a team captain, you also have to enter your Discord name. It will only be visible to tournament organizers. When you’re done, hit the blue “Save” button.
After setting up your profile, you have to link it to your Armored Warfare account. To do that, simply press “Games” while being in your profile and then “Link” button next to Armored Warfare. If you’re getting “Error linking the game profile of the game to the user profile (Error code: 5)”, make sure you’re logged into the same My.com account you use to play AW.
Joining a Team
To join a team, go to the “Teams” tab while being in your profile after your captain has invited you to your team. Click the “Accept” button to accept the invitation.
Creating a team (for Captains only)
To create a team, go to the “Teams” tab while being in your profile and then press “Create Team”.
You will be prompted to enter the following items:
- Team name
- The game your team will be playing (Armored Warfare)
- Team size (7)
- Team’s website
The two last ones are optional.
After your team is created, click on its name to go to the team’s profile. Press “Change team” to add players to your team.
To invite players, press the “Find player” button, enter their nickname on the site in the popped up window, hit “Find player” and then “Invite”. Your players must tell you their nicknames on the website in order for you to find them.
When all of your players have confirmed their participation, the status of your team will change to “Completed”. This is what it looks like:
Signing up for the Tournament
To sign up for the tournament, go the the AWL: Spring cup tournament page once the registration is opened and press “Check in”.
If everything is in order and your team is set up, you’ll see the “Finish registration” button. Press it to finish signing up for the tournament.
If your team isn’t completed, you’ll be prompted to finish that process before you can complete registration.
If you’re a team captain and you’re having a question or a difficulty pertaining signing up, please feel free to reach out to a Community Manager via our official Discord server.
These rules, posted on the site esports.my.com, are the official rules of the AWL: Spring Cup (hereinafter referred to as the "Tournament"). The tournament is held among the teams that have received the right to participate. These rules apply to every team, team managers, team captains, all the team players and other Tournament participants.
The organizer of the tournament is the Armored Warfare team.
- Team - an organized group of players eligible for the tournament. A team consists of 7 players and up to 2 reserve players
- Player - a member of a team who has been signed up for the tournament
- Team’s captain - the player representing his team and responsible for providing the Tournament Organizer with the necessary information
- Referee - a representative of the Tournament Organizer, responsible for observing and enforcing the tournament rules
- Round - a fight between two teams on one map
- Match - a series of rounds
- EU server
- 32 teams, 7 players each
- The bracket is generated automatically
- Format - single elimination (lose once and you’re out), Best of 5
- Maps - Pipelines/Narrows/Ghost Field/Tropical Coast/Lost Island
- All rounds of a match are played one map. Before the match, each team bans two map (t1 ban- t2 ban - t1 ban - t2 ban), the remaining map is played. The team which is higher in the bracket gets to ban first
- The team which is higher in the bracket gets to pick the respawn site
- Lobby parameters: Standard match, Privacy - Private, Duration - 10 minutes, Allow Invites - on. The name of the lobby must contain the names of both teams
- Tier 7, all classes except for SPG are allowed, premiums allowed, all consumables allowed, all commanders are allowed
- Team’s captain submits their squads of 7 players and up to 2 substitutes on esports.my.com from 23.4. to 27.4.2018. The registration closes at 19:00 CEST, 27.4.2018
- After that, team captains have to confirm their team’s participation on the same page. Teams that registered earlier have a priority in getting their spot confirmed. Confirmation closes at 23:59 CEST, 29.4.2018. Brackets will be formed on 30.4.2018
- All players need at least 1 Tier 7 vehicle in order to be eligible for the tournament
- One player can only be a member of one team
- Team’s captain (the one submitting the list of players) must make sure all of his or her players are eligible for the tournament and the team has a name. Additionally, the captain can add up to 2 reserve players, which can be used in case one of the main players can’t participate in a game due to a technical or connection issue.
- After the confirmation is finished all captains must contact the Tournament Organizer in Discord at Peligro#7743
Before and during the matches:
- All matches must start by 20:00 CEST (1/32 - Tuesday, 1/16 - Wednesday. Finals - Sunday)
- At 19:00 CEST, the team captains will get an option to check in on the match page. As soon as one team captain checks in, a 15 minutes timer starts, and if the second captain fails to check in on time, the first team gets a default win
- After both captains have checked in, they may add each other as friends in-game, prepare the lobby and commence the map pick ban
- All captains must make screenshots of the results after every map played
- After the match has concluded, the captains must enter the results of the match on the match page and attach relevant screenshots
- All matches must conclude by 22:00 CEST
- In case where one captain can’t reach another to start a match, but both captains have checked in, a Tournament Organizer must be contacted
- During the matches, players are expected to demonstrate fair play and good sportsmanship
- A team wins a match after winning 3 round in Bo5
- The conditions for winning a round correspond with the in-game conditions
- If a draw occurs a tie-breaker round will be played
- If a tie-breaker also ends up in a draw, the winner is determined by the following statistics:
- Amount of vehicles left alive after the tie-breaker ends
- If not determined by (1), by the amount of damage dealt by the whole team combined
- If not determined by (2), a referee can call another tie-break round or give default losses to both of the teams, at the discretion of the jury and the Tournament Organizer
A team may be disqualified for the following reasons, at the discretion of the referee from a CM team:
- A team or a member of a team was found guilty of cheating or hacking in any way that gave said team an unfair advantage during the match
- A team or a member of a team was found guilty of match fixing
- A member of a team used obscene, vulgar or offensive language, or statements inciting hatred or discrimination, at any point before, during and after the match
- A team or a member of a team was found guilty of breaking the Armored Warfare EULA
- A member of a team knowingly mislead the Tournament Organizer or other players using deliberately false information
- A member of a team has switched his or her vehicle during a replay
- A member of a team has used an account that belongs to a third person
- A member of a team has provided information about a match lobby to anyone other than the match participants, a referee or an official streamer
- This list is not exclusive. In all disputes the Tournament Organizer has the final decision and reserves the right to disqualify a team
- If necessary a team can take part in a match with incomplete composition. The minimum number of players in the team for the match is 5 players, which means a match can be played 7vs6 or 7vs5. In the event where a team has less than 5 player present, that team gets a default loss
- All captains must have 1 video replay of their matches that must be submitted to the Tournament Organizer (referee) if requested
- In case of a technical issue a round is replayed. Only global server-side issues count as a technical issue
- Players may switch their vehicles between the rounds. In case of a replay of a round players cannot switch their vehicles
- A referee might contact team captains and ask to be invited to spectate a match before or during the game
- Selected matches, included finals, will be broadcasted on AW official Twitch, Youtube & Facebook and casted by the CMs & AW streamers. Tournament Organizer will reach out to team captains to allow spectating for the streamers
- Tournament Organizer reserves the right to call for an additional match to determine stronger team.
- Tournament Organizer reserves the right to fine a team (reduce their prize) if said team has received a default loss during the tournament
- Tournament Organizer reserves the right to alter these rules at any point
- By signing up for the tournament team captains confirm that they have read and agreed to these rules
- In any and all non-standard situations or situations not described by these rules the Tournament Organizer reserves the right resolve the situation at its discretion
Good luck commanders – we’ll see you on the international battlefield!